Overall 2001 Media Support
- Total donated media value for Q1-Q4 2001 was $56,573,700.
Spot Television Highlights
- Spot TV was valued at $1,171,000 for Q4. $1,008,500 represents English support, and $162,500 represents Spanish support.
- For Spanish TV, "Mira a tu Alrededor" :30 accounted for 95% of support.
- Support for the English campaign was especially strong during the Early Morning and Day dayparts (7AM-9AM); 56% of spots aired during this time, as opposed to the Ad Council average 41%.
The support was distributed among the Kids, Teen and Adult targets as follows:
- Kids spots accounted for 76% of all Crime donated media, with "64-Bit Bully" :30 making up 37% of total activity.
- Teen spots accounted for 7% of all Crime donated media. The new Invest in Youth work should be well received, especially since the last distribution of Teen spots was 1999.
- Adult spots accounted for 20% of all Crime donated media, with 20th Anniversary work representing 10% of the Adult spots.
- Crime Prevention was the #4 English radio campaign based on number of spots and the #6 English radio campaign based on dollar value.
- Radio activity in Q4 2001 was valued at $7,725,800.
- Radio accounted for 79% of all donated media.
- The Adult Invest in Youth spots "Fries" and "Stairs" represented 50% of the radio support in Q4. "Park Playaz", a very popular spot, continued to receive strong support, with 18% of all donated time.
Out of Home Highlights
- Out of Home activity was valued at $200,000, a 163% increase from the Q3.
- The re-printing and distribution of the "Labels" campaign should draw strong support in 2002.
Year 2000 Campaign
- Internet activity for Q4 was valued at $635,700, a slight increase from the previous quarter and the highest support for 2001.